Friday, July 6, 2012

What to Wear

When I think of Africa and what I might pack shorts are what come to my mind. Any temperature above 80 degrees in Texas means it is shorts weather, at least outside of work.

That is not going to work in Uganda, because the ladies mainly wear skirts So I thought to pack some skirts, but the skirts I own will not work. Ugandan women do not wear skirts above their knees. All but one of mine have hem lines above my knees.

So what does one wear? Capris and pants is the answer. Luckily I do seem to have more capris in my closest than any other type of bottom. My step-mother has also taken me to get some light weight pants to wear as well.

I am going to purchase a maxi dress or two (thinking Wal-Mart has some cute ones) and a little jacket to cover my shoulders.

I still don't know what to wear when we have a lay over in Dubai. Most people joke that I need to take a veil with me. I know that it is part of U.A.E., but I have heard that it is very westernized.

I have until Sunday night to figure this all out.

No comments:

Post a Comment